WHY NKOMAZI SEZ?
Nkomazi Special Economic Zone (SEZ) has been formalized to provide a competitive and highly efficient industrial Cluster that position itself as the leading location for Agro-processing, and Logistics services activities within South Africa, in response to investor demand.
The geographical location of the Nkomazi SEZ is its greatest competitive advantage. The Maputo Corridor is bound to develop as the Maputo harbour improves its handling and scheduling capacity. In the event that a second rail line to Maputo, to complement the current rail link, is developed, the shipment of mining products and agricultural produce to and from the Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces will increase.
Investment promotion will be complemented by ensuring an ease of doing business in the Nkomazi SEZ through the provision of One-Stop-Shop services, incentives, innovation platform, a competitive and transparent market environment, and timeous and efficient responses to investors’ market requirements.
- Increased foreign and domestic investment.
- Rise in production output leading to increased exports of value-added manufactured goods.
- Employment creation.
- Transfer of technology and skills development.
- Creation of economic linkages through supplier development.
- Regional spread of industrial development.
Projected direct and indirect job opportunities in South Africa as a result of the Nkomazi SEZ are: